Metabolic Jumpstart Apple Muffin
Serves: 12 Prep: 15 mins Cooking: 20-35 mins
- 1½ cups wholegrain self-raising flour
- 50g polyunsaturated margarine
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 425g can pie apple, coarsely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease 12 small muffin holes.
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Using your fingertips, rub in margarine until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in sugar. Combine milk, egg and 1 cup pie apple. Stir into flour mixture (don’t overmix batter – it should still look lumpy).
- Spoon mixture into pan. Finely chop remaining pie apple. Spoon over muffins. Combine nutmeg, sugar and oats. Spoon over muffins.
- Bake muffins for 20 to 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Metabolic Jumpstart Exchanges Per Serve (1 muffin)
468kJ (112cals), 3.4g Protein 3.7g Fat, 0.8g Saturated Fat, 15.3g Carbs, 5.7g Sugars, 2.3g Fibre, 142mg Sodium
Down Load PDF Version mj-apple-muffin